- This week we are mostly drinking...
Sipsmith Summer Cup, the original gin-based summertime drink! £6
- Potted pig with toast & pickles £6
- Home cured mackerel with horseradish & watercress on toast £7
- Kedgeree with a poached egg £7
- Cod cheeks & cockles on toast £7
- Duck hash with fried egg £7
- Chargrilled squid with aioli £7
- Chicory, apple, walnut & stilton salad (v) £6
- Buffalo mozzarella with chargrilled fennel, capers (v) £7
- Slow braised beef shoulder with pappardelle pasta, chargrilled skirt steak, truffle oil & parmesan £16
- Beetroot risotto with roast carrot, orange & cumin salad (v) £12
- Whole ham hock with broccoli, coleslaw & new potatoes (or chips if preferred) £18
- (Can be for a hungry one or for two to share)
- Pan fried haddock with potatoes, fennel, lemon & capers £13
- Madgetts farm duck breast with carrot puree, confit duck leg fritter & spinach £18
- Barnsley lamb chop with braised shoulder, potato cake & green sauce £16
- Roast chicken with stuffing, roast squash, greens & bacon sauce £16
- Free range pork belly, roast butternut squash puree & crisps with pickled beets & sausage £15
- Charcoal grilled steaks - 28 day aged Abergavenny beef.
- All steaks served with hand cut Maris piper chips & a choice of béarnaise or green sauce
- 8oz Rib eye £16
- 10oz Sirloin £22
- 16oz Porterhouse £27
- Whole suckling pig (feeds 8 to 12 people - pre order required)
- Chips £3
- Seasonal greens £3
- Welsh rarebit £5
- Homemade rice pudding with raspberry jam £6
- Chocolate mousse with pistachio praline & cherry brandy cream £6
- Lemon & orange posset with cardamom biscuit £6
- Cinnamon doughnuts with pusser's rum sauce & Chantilly cream £6
- Cheese board - selection of British & French cheeses £9
After dinner drinks
- Muscat de Rivesaltes, Dom Brial, Languedoc, France (50cl) £20/£5 glass
- A delicate sweet dessert accompaniment; pear, apricot and citrus flavours with a fresh fruit & honey finish.
- Sauternes, Château Pineau du Rey, Bordeaux, France (37.5cl) £30/£5.50 glass
- Intoxicating complex nose of pear, apricot and honey all interwoven on the palate with sweet spice & nutmeg.
- Valle Perdido Malbec Rose, Patagonia £4.50 glass
- A dark, spicy and unusual rose with a sweet sherry finish.
- Port, Fonseca Bin 27 £5 glass
- Ripe baked plum and prune character with hints of pastry crusts and dried spices, soft tannins and a long, peppery finish.
- Chateau Beaulon £4.50
- Baron de Sigognac 10 year old Armagnac £7
- Hine XO £10
- Selection of single malts (please ask for more details)
- Liquor coffee (J&B Rare, Chateau Beaulon, Kahlua, or Frangelico, honey rum) £5
- Espresso £2
- Selection of coffees or teas £2.90
- *Hot drinks served with complimentary homemade shortbread
A discretionary 10% service charge will be added to tables of 6 or more.
Please note that our menu's change daily depending on the fresh, seasonal produce we have available to us therefore a dish that is on our sample menu may not be available on the day of your visit.